|FRYING EMPANADA DOUGH:|
|1.00||cup||Lard or shortening, minus 2 T.|
|1.00||pc||Eggs , slightly beaten|
|0.25||cup||Water , lightly salted|
|Or Pre-Made 7" Pre-Made Empanada Disc|
|1.00||x||Onions , minced|
|3.00||cl||Garlic , minced|
|2.00||lb||Ground Beef , extra lean|
|0.50||tsp||Chili peppers, red , dried, crushed flakes|
|0.50||cup||Raisins , poached in water, drained|
|0.50||cup||Green olives , pitted, chopped|
|0.25||cup||Knorr Ready-To-Use Salsa Verde Sauce 4 x 0.5 GA|
1. Work together shortening and flour until it is like oatmeal oats.
2. Add egg and water by tablespoons to make a soft dough. Knead until smooth. Let dough rest for 30 minutes before using.
1. Using a little oil, saute onions and garlic until transparent. Add ground beef and stir until it changes color.
2. To the browned meat, add cumin, red crushed pepper flakes, raisins and olives. Stir to mix.
3. Roll out dough and cut into 15 rounds of 7 inches in diameter.
4. On each round of dough, place about 1/2 cup of filling, wet edges with water, fold over, and press with fingers to seal. Using fork, finish sealing.
5. Fry in oil until golden brown, remove from oil and place in paper towels to drain.
To Serve: Place empanada in serving plate and garnish with Salsa Verde.