|2.00||lb||Italian sausage , mild, no casing|
|1.00||x||Spanish onion , large, diced|
|2.00||cl||Garlic , minced|
|6.00||oz||tomato , chopped, with juice|
|1.00||x||Bay leaf , fresh Laurel, large|
|3.00||x||Thyme sprigs or marjoram|
|2.50||qt||Knorr Ultimate Roasted Beef Base 6 x 1 Lb, prepared|
|3.00||can||Great Northern Beans (small cans), drained|
|1.00||cup||Parmesan , grated|
|2.00||b||Swiss chard , chopped|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
|2.00||cup||Cheese, Parmesan , shaved|
1. In a large soup pot, heat olive oil and render bacon until crispy. Crumble sausage and cook until done. Add onions and garlic, cook until translucent.
2. Add tomatoes and fresh herbs. Cook for 1 minute on high heat stirring constantly. Add prepared Knorr Ultimate Beef Base.
3.Lower heat to medium. let simmer for 15 min.
4. Add beans, let cook gently for 5 minutes. Skim off surface oil and scum.
5. Adjust seasoning, turn off heat, and add grated Parmesan cheese and Balsamic vinegar.
6. Before serving add chopped Swiss chard.Stir for 2 minutes or until wilted well.