|0.22||cup||Butter , unsalted|
|4.00||lb||Lamb shoulder , boneless or shank, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces|
|1.00||cup||Spanish onion , diced|
|5.30||cl||Garlic , minced|
|3.33||cup||tomato , peeled, seeded and finely chopped|
|0.70||tsp||Thyme , fresh, chopped|
|0.70||tsp||Oregano(1) , fresh, chopped|
|0.70||qt||Knorr Ultimate Roasted Chicken Base 6 X 1 Lb , prepared|
|Italian Parsley , finely chopped, to garnish|
|0.22||cup||Lemon juice, fresh|
|1.00||pt||LeGout Cream Soup Base, prepared|
|5.30||oz||Kasseri cheese or sharp cheddar cheese, grated|
1. In a large pan, melt butter, add oil and heat together. Brown lamb for about 5-7 minutes. Add onion and garlic and cook for about 1 more minute.
2. To the lamb mixture add the tomato paste, tomatoes, thyme, oregano and the prepared Knorr Ultimate Chicken Base. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for about 1 hour or until the lamb is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
3. Heat grill, pierce eggplant all over and place atop hot grill. Grill for about 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
4. Prepare a bowl with 6 cups of water, 6 tablespoons salt and 1/3 cup of lemon juice. Set aside until ready to use.
5. When the eggplants are cool enough to handle, peel them and place the pulp in the prepared lemon water. Let stand for 10 minutes to prevent discoloration.
6. Transfer the pulp into a strainer and drain the excess liquid by pressing the pulp gently with the back of a large wooden spoon.
7. In a saucepan prepare LeGout Cream Soup Base according to package directions. Add the eggplant pulp and the cheese, whisking constantly. Cook for 4 minutes.
TO SERVE: Spoon the creamy eggplant in the center of serving dish and arrange the lamb around. Top with some of the sauce from the lamb and sprinkle with chopped parsley.