|20.00||slices||Bread , white pullman, 1/4 inch thick|
|10.00||oz||HELLMANNS Dijonnaise 6 x 64 OZ|
|8.00||oz||cheese, swiss ior Gruyere cheese (10 thin slices)|
|20.00||oz||Fresh ham , sliced (10 slices)|
|8.00||oz||Cheese, Muenster , sliced (10 slices)|
|4.00||oz||Butter , at room temperature|
1. To assemble the sandwiches, spread each of the bread slices with mustard.
2. On 10 of the bread slices, layer 1 slice of Gruyere, 1 slice of ham, and 1 slice of Muenster over the mustard.
3. Top the sandwiches with the remaining slices of bread.
4. Griddle both sides of the sandwiches on a lightly buttered 325 degree Fahrenheit griddle until the bread is golden, the cheese is melted and the sandwich is heated through.
5. Cut the sandwiches on the diagonal and serve immediately.
Croque Madame: Some recipes simply add a fried egg to the Croque Monsieur. In the United States and England, the ham is usually replaced with sliced chicken breast and Emmenthaler is substituted for the Gruyere.
Monte Cristo: Dip either the Croque Madame or Croque Monsieur in beaten egg and grill as you would French toast.