|1.00||qt||KNORR Ultimate Fish Base 6 X 1 Lb , prepared|
|1.00||oz||Onions, shallots , minced|
|12.00||oz||Shrimp , peeled and deveined|
|12.00||oz||Scallops , muscle tabs removed|
|2.00||floz||Sherry , dry|
|Chives , fresh, minced, as needed|
1. Poach the lobsters for 4 minutes. Remove the lobster and pull the meat from the shells. Reserve the stock, shells, and lobster meat separately.
2. Chop the lobster shells (add shrimp shells if available). Sauté in the olive oil.
3. Add the brandy. Flame to cook brandy down.
4. Add the shallots and sauté them until they are translucent.
5. Add the tomato paste to the shells and sauté until the paste is a rust color and has a sweet aroma.
6. Add the reserved fish stock (keep 2 fluid ounces (60 ml) to deglaze pan later) and simmer this sauce for about 20 minutes. Strain the sauce, pressing the shells well to release their flavor. Add the cream and thicken with cornstarch.
7. Heat the butter in a skillet. Sauté the scallops and shrimp until they are barely cooked through. Remove them from the pan.
8. Add the reserved fish fumet to the pan to deglaze it, and reduce slightly. Add the sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce if necessary to achieve the correct consistency.
9. Return the lobster (diced), scallops, and shrimp to the sauce and heat through. Add the sherry and chives to finish the sauce.
10 For service, serve with saffron couscous 2 ounce, or pasta and dill (60 gm) per portion.